Monday, July 13, 2009

Moscow Zero and Then She Found Me - Movie reviews

Let me start by saying that after last night, my friends aren't going to let me pick movies anymore. What a horrible selection I made!

Let's start with the first movie:

Moscow Zero (2006):
Starring: Vincent Gallo and Oksana Akinshina
So there I am, standing in the "cheap rental" movie store with one girly movie in my hand (see below), when I decide to get a guy movie too, since I'll be watching said movies with my boyfriend Dave and my best friend Ryan. Ryan favors horror while Dave prefers action and comedy. I come across Moscow Zero. The description on the back of the movie case sounds great. I don't remember what it said exactly but something along the lines of "a priest searching for the gates of hell that are protected by a man (Kilmer) with whom he makes a deal with. Is it a gentlemanly arrangement or a deal with the devil?" Sounds pretty good, yes? NO!
Does that description not make it sounds like Val Kilmer has a main role? Well he doesn't. In fact his small role made no sense whatsoever. The movie is basically some bad filming in a bunch of tunnels with a pale girl in a white dress running around the place. It makes no sense, and the sense it does make is simply boring. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch this movie. It is a total waste of time. It was even worse than the movie "23" and I didn't think that was possible. Oh! oh! oh! And on top of that, the characters switch from Russian to English at will throughout the movie. No rhyme or reason, just like they sort of feel like it. Ridiculous. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. Bad bad bad Bad bad Movie.

So after we sit through that piece of crap, it's time for my escape from reality with my girly movie:
Then She Found Me (2007)
Starring: Helen Hunt and Bette Midler
Ok, you pick up a movie case seeing Helen Hunt, Better Midler, Colin Firth and Matthew Broderick with a description of a schoolteacher (Hunt) who's husband (Broderick)leaves her, who's adoptive mother finds her (Midler) and who starts a romance with the father (Firth) of one of her students. You must be thinking "great funny and sappy girly movie, WOOT WOOT!". Hey that's what I thought! But no, no, no. Each actor was great in their role, I'll give them that, but the movie was utterly depressing! A little too realistic for a Saturday night veg-fest. I might as well have been sitting through an afternoon talk show about someone who's had a rough life. Not at all what I expected and I was truly disappointed. I do NOT recommend this movie whatsoever.

Well, it was a rough night for movies but on the bright side, at least they were only one-dollar rentals. You can also check out my other blogs at http://onlinebooksclub.blogspot.com/ and http://writinganovelproject.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment