Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Angels and Demons: Movie Review

I went to the theater this weekend to see "Angels and Demons" and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Now I did read the book, so I knew the basic plot before going in, but I have to admit that when you put Tom Hanks in a role taken from a book, he does an awesome job. There are very few novels that I've read, that have been turned into movies that I actually enjoyed, but 3 of them starred Tom Hanks: Angels and Demons, The DaVinci Code and The Green Mile. I didn't read Forrest Gump before seeing the movie but it's one of my all time favorite flicks.

So back to "Angels and Demons", it had a little more gore than I expected and was definitely action-packed. The scenery is awesome, the Vatican, the churches, the art-work, it was all pretty amazing. It's worth seeing on the big screen.

This is also the type of movie you could watch with pretty much anyone except for young children (the violence), there's no romance, no sex scenes, and I don't even remember any swearing though it may have been there.

All in all, though I did enjoy the movie, the concept, the storyline and such... I felt it could have been... better I guess. That's how I felt about "The DaVinci Code" as well though. I'll attribute that feeling to my absolute adoration of the books, maybe nobody could have done a better job with the film... maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment